After running into the issue of forgetting how to change the current line and selected text color in Visual Studio multiple times, I have decided to share my knowledge in case someone else has similar issues or if I ever need it again in the future.
The first issue is when I change my Visual Studio to the dark theme I do not like the current line being highlighted. Now there are two ways to fix this depending on if you are using Resharper or not.
- If you are not using Resharper. Go to Tools -> Options -> Fonts and Colors.
- In Display items: Select “Highlight Current Line(Active)” and change the foreground and background to the same color as the background
- If you are using Resharper. Go to Resharper -> Options -> Editor -> Editor Appearance
- Uncheck “Highlight current line”.
- You may also have to do step one if this is either not checked or does not have desired affect.
The next issue is I forget how to change the color of the selected text and after reading the fix you would think I would never forget it but for some strange reason I feel it should be named something more complicated.
- To change the color of the selected text. Go to Tools -> Options -> Fonts and Colors
- In Display Items: Select “Selected Text” and change the Item background dropdown.